Saturday, July 2, 2011

New Cop Drama Gets Creepy


Cop shows never appealed to me. I gave Without a Trace a shot, and it didn't stick. I have friends who are obsessed with Law & Order: SVU, and I just don't get it. But when you add a little supernatural flavor to the police procedural drama, I may just get a little addicted.

NBC's upcoming show, Grimm, is the series that I'm referring to. It follows detective Nick Burkhardt and cases that seem to be pulled right from the pages of Grimm's Fairy Tales. Nick discovers that the stories' monsters are indeed real and that he happens to be a hunter (a "Grimm") of them.

Now I'm not sure if there are enough Grimm tales to carry a series like this for too long, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the concept. Medium was a supernatural procedural series and I couldn't get into that, so this particular formula isn't exactly a done deal for me. Bottom line: this could go either way.

For the time being, however, it's looking pretty damn good, based on the promo below. It's about four minutes long and seems to give away the entire premise, and ending, of the pilot.

So if you want a nice big peek into the world of Grimm, check this out:

1 comment:

  1. This looks good to me. Since Monk ended, I have been waiting for something new to come along that might grab my attention. Maybe this is it. I also cannot get into today's crime dramas.

    ReplyDelete